Har ki Dun
Har-Ki-Doon , the hanging valley of gods is a treat for trekkers. This moderate trek takes you to one of the least explored regions of Garhwal. As Har-KI-Doon falls within the Govind Pashu vihar , chances of seeing wildlife here are very bright. Here , you have a beautifully carved temple dedicated to Duryodhana , the Kaurava Prince. And if you are interested in glaciers then Jaundhar Glacier at 4300 mt. is just about five kilometers from Har-Ki- Doon.
A small lake in the high reaches of the Himalayas, Runisara Tal is on the edge of the Tons Glacier which is at an altitude of 3500 m and is ensconced between a small ridge and the left wall of the valley. Located at a distance of nearly 8 km from Osla, the Runisara Lake is close to Har-Ki-Doon Valley and Swargarohini Mountain. The main snow clad peaks visible from here are Swarga-Rohini, Bandarpunch and Kala Nag. The trek route passes through Debsu Bughyal, and trail is dotted with terraced mountain fields, patches of verdant grassy lands and punctuated with coniferous forests.
Har – Ki Dun is around 12 km away from Osla. Initially, the trekking trail leads you through fields of beans and rice and some secluded villages. Steadily the trail ascends to the side of the ridge across the river. Then the trail takes a detour to the left to the Har Ki Dun valley.
Har-Ki-Doon Valley is a base for Swargarohini ht. 21000 ft. There is legend our old granth (books) it is mentioned that Pandav went to Swarga (Heavan) through this mountain. This is a place where you can find Trees of Bhojpatra flower Bramhakamal. Swargarohini and Jaundar Glacier is at south-east of Har-ki-dun.Towards west you can see Bandar Punch.
The local People survives on farming Rice, Rajma, Charas. They use wood of Deodar tree for their house. You can find many people using Hukka for smoking. One can smell of pine while having hukka.
Day 1 Rishikesh-Dehradun-Mussoorie
- Drive Rishikesh to Mussoorie. Mussoorie Known as Queen of Hills, this is a charming hill station is situated at the foothills of the Central Himalayas. check in to hotel. Overnight stay.
Day 2 Mussoorie-Sankri
- This day hit the road and drives to Sankri. Sankri, via Mussoorie, Kempty falls, Purola and Mori. This is starting point of our trek. Overnight in tourist rest house/tent.
Day 3 Sankri-Taluka
From Sankri the road is well made and passes through dense forest with gorgeous views down the valley, of local settlements and river Rupin. Taluka, a small hamlet nestled in the laps of nature is located at the 1900 Mts. Taluka has guest houses and a few shack shops providing daily provisions to the local inhabitants. Overnight in tourist rest house/tent.
Day 4 Taluka – Osla
- The trail from Seema initially continues on the true left of the valley, goes past fields followed by crossing a hanging bridge over river Rupin, to the true right of the valley. The trail now ascends, go past through fields and pastures with huts. The coniferous flora on the opposite side of the valley is awesome and much adorable. The trail climbs to the ridge locally named as Kalkatti Dhar, from where the trail traverses to give you awesome view of Har Ki Dun. From here initially the trail climbs gradually and later gets steep in times go past through beautiful meadows to the campsite at Har KI Dun. The campsite is by the small stream, with peaks of Har Ki Dun and Swargarohini towering above. Overnight in the tents.
Day 5 Osla-Har Ki Dun
- Morning after breakfast climb to the higher reaches of the mountains to reach Har-Ki-Doon (3566 Mtrs.) the beautiful valley of Gods.Overnight in the tents.
Day 6 Har Ki Dun
- The day is for relaxation and exploration. Having a morning at ease you can explore Morinda lake in the first half of the day. After lunch exploration towards Jaundhar Glacier is adorable. Overnight in the tents.
Day 7 Har Ki Dun – Osla
- The reverse trek to the village of Osla is an easy walk which gives a lot of opportunity to admire the beauty of the valley. The trek to Osla will take around 3-4 hrs. Overnight in tourist rest house/ tent.
Day 8 Osla – Taluka
- The walk towards Taluka village is equally easy as the previous day. The beauty down the valley is really immaculate and worth it. Overnight in rest house/ hotel.
Day 9 Taluka – Sankri – Dehradun – Rishikesh
The trek for the day is relaxing and fun walk through the forest and on well made road. On arriving Sankri we bid farewell to ponies/ porters. Board the vehicle and start driving towards Rishikesh. Tour end.
© 2019: Himalayan Adventure 360