Chopta Chandrashila Snow Trek
Snow trekking being associated with ‘tough’ has made the sport fall straight in the embrace of adventurers and challenge accepters. This being the case, if any individual wants to transform into a personality of travelling thrill-seeker, Chopta Chandrashila winter trek can be among the best ways to start with.
Temples, trek, snow, mountain lakes, some Himalayan peaks and some mythical and folk legends- trip to all these elements of experience starts from Rishikesh and then to Okhimath to actually embark on Chopta Chandrashila trekking tour.
Moving on the trek the first attraction is Deoriya Taal- a high altitude lake. It would not be frozen, even when the surrounding places seem to be bathed in white. A perfect camping site, the lake is then left for another tourist magnet, the valley of Chopta. It seems to be nothing more than a snow covered rocky terrain that was once lush green in another season. Next on the list is temple of deity of destruction- Lord Shiva, on Chopta Chandrashila snow trek. Considered to be the highest temple dedicated to Lord Shiva, Tunganath Temple automatically gets its devotees paying a visit to it in reverence. And then, last but not the least, Chopta Chandrashila summit will make for the complete adventure of the snowy journey.
Chopta Chandrashila Trek (5 Nights / 6 Days)
Day 1 Rishikesh
- Arrive at Rishikesh. On arrival check-in at the hotel. Evening free for Ganga Aarti & possible sightseeing. Overnight stay
Day 2 Rishikesh – Ukhimat
After the morning breakfast transfer to Ukhimath via Rishikesh, Devprayag (Confluence of Alaknanda & Bhagirathi, from Devprayag the Holy river Ganges started), Rudraprayag (Confluence of Alaknanda & Mandakini River). Breakfast and lunch enroute. Arrival at Ukhimath by evening. Check into Hotels. Dinner and overnight stay.
Day 3 Ukhimath – Deoriatal
- In the morning you can see snow capped Himalayan ranges. After breakfast start your trek to Deoriatal through dense forest of Rhodendron and lots of wild flowers and ferns. The trek will take 3- 4 hrs to reach Deoriatal. Upon arrival at Deoriatal set out the tents for overnight stay.
Day 4 Deoriatal – Sari – Chopta
- In the morning trek down to Sari village (3 kms) and from here drive to Chopta through dense forest and meadows. Its 30 kms drive from Sari Village. Upon arrival at Chopta set out your tents for overnight stay. In the evening explore the magnificent view of the Himalayas.
Day 5 Chopta – Tungnath – Chandrasila – Chopta
- After an early breakfast trek to Tungnath with packed lunch. Tungnath is situated at the height of 3680 mts from the sea level the highest in India. The trek is three kms upward. Enroute you will find lush green meadows and you can see the entire range of snow capped Himalayas. Upon arrival at Tungnath Temple and visit the temple. After relax one further one kms trek to Chandrasila peak. Later trek back to Chopta for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 6 Chopta – Rishikesh
- After the morning breakfast drive back to Rishikesh. hot lunch enroute. On arrival the guest will check in the hotel. or drive for onward destination. Tour ends.
© 2018: Himalayan Adventure 360