Bedni Bugyal Trek
Bedni Bugyal is one of the most beautiful alpine meadows located at the border of Garhwal and Kumaon in Chamoli district in the Uttarakhand state to bring the most amazing views of the mighty Trishul Parvat (7120 meters). Bedni Bugyal at an altitude of 3,354 meters above the sea level brings the varied colors and diversified splendors of nature and is considered amongst the finest altitude of grasslands in the Garhwal mountains (altitude 3354 meters) famous for wild high altitude flowers and herbs during the spring thaw, and thaws the splendid view of the Greater Himalayan range.
This stipulated meadow of Bedni Bugyal brings the most fascinating trekking opportunities for the visitors to find the scenic mountains, deep valleys and lofty mountains along the most memorable sunsets and sunrises and the most enormous western flanks of Trishul and the Nanda Ghunti bringing heaven on earth. Trekking in Bedni Bugyal will take the trekkers to the highest bugyal in Uttarakhand. Bugyal that means the high altitude meadows brings the most scenic and lush surroundings all along the cushiony treks of Bedni Bugyal. Besides that, the Vaitarni Lake (also called the Bedni Kund) can also be spotted at this region which is famous for the rare Brahma Kamal flower, and is also a major stopover during the Nanda Devi Raj Jaat Yatra, a ritual procession which is held every 12 years. The trekkers can also mark their presence at the famous Roopkund Trek that serves en route during the Bugyal trekking tour.
Bedni Bugyal Trek (6 Nights / 7 Days)
Day 1 Rishikesh
- Arrival at Rishikesh Stay at hotel or camp near the Ganga on the way to Rishikesh, visit to the Ashram on the bank of river Ganga, evening to Triveni ghat for Ganga Arti.
Day 2 Rishikesh – Mundoli
- In the morning after breakfast drive to Mundoli (240 km/8-9 hrs) via Devprayag, Rudraprayag and Karnprayag. Arrival at Mundoli by evening. Dinner and overnight stay in tents.
Day 3 Mundoli – Wan – Bedni Bugyal
- Drive 10 kms to Wan, which is the road head for the trek. Today we will trek 11 km (5-6 hrs) to reach Bedni Bugyal, probably one of the best camping sites in the GarhwalHimalayas. Dinner and overnight stay in tents. Bedni Bugyal is a charming green meadow adorned with flowers in a spell binding varieties, in full bloom. There is a small lake situated in the midst of the meadow, where Tarpans are offered by the devotees. Situated nearby is a small temple where the devotees pay there obeisance, during their halt at Bedni Bugyal.
Day 4 Bedni – Ali Bugyal – Bedni
- Today we will trek up to another Bugyal, Ali Bugyal(3300 mts).After exploring the area trek back to Bedni for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 5 Bedni Bugyal – Wan
- Retrace your steps towards Wan. This will take 3-4 hrs. Dinner and overnight in tents.
Day 6 Wan – Rishikesh
- After an early breakfast drive to Rishikesh. Lunch en-route. Arrival at Rishikesh by evening. Upon arrival check into hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 7 Rishikesh
- After an early breakfast . Depart for onward destination.. OR Start Rafting (Rishikesh) trip OR Local Sight Seeing & Temples. Tour Terminate.
© 2021: Himalayan Adventure 360