Majestic, unparalleled in stature and extent, the Himalayas are considered by many world travelers to be the most physically beautiful region in the world. They also hold a spiritual history and mystique beyond compare.
Source of the Gangotri glacier & source of the river Bhagirathi, Gaumukh is located at an altitude of 4200 meters. Gaumukh is – 18 kms. easy trek from Gangtori, The Ganga find her source where it gushes out of a snout in the glacier.
This trek is best recommended for adventure lovers fond of rock-climbing, boulder- hopping and glacier traversing. It is also a treat for nature lovers due to the range and diversity of plant and animal life. Herds of Bharal (blue mountain goat) are often spotted on these mountain ridges. Abundance of silver birch has given birth to the name Bhojkharak, while Chirbasa is also called because of the clumps of blue pine in the region
Day 1 Rishikesh
- Arrival at Rishikesh Stay at hotel or camp near the Ganga on the way to Rishikesh, visit to the Ashram on the bank of river Ganga, evening to Triveni ghat for Ganga Arti.
Day 2 Rishikesh – Gangotri
- Early morning after breakfast drive to Gangotri, lunch on the way ,visit to the Vishwanath temple. comfort stop at Gangnani hot springs. Those who want can have a quick refreshing bath in the pool\ shower.Stay at hotel .Visit Gangotri temple for Aarti, evening prayer dedicated to goddess, explore the valley and visit Gangotri shrine.
Day 3 Gangotri – Bhojwasa
- Morning after breakfast trek to Bhojwasa. The entire trek today is along the roaring Bhagirathi River. Arrive at Bhojwasa and camp. An easy walk (14 Km trek). We progress along a picturesque trail initially passes through dense deodar forests before emerging into the wide unforested valley. It then carries on to a small isolated forest of pine at Chirbases, literally the abode of pines.
Explore the area and to enjoy excellent sunset on Bhagirathi group of peaks. Dinner and overnight in tents.
Day 4 Bhojwasa – Gaumukh
- Morning enjoy the panoramic view of Bhagirathi group of peaks. After breakfast trek to Gaumukh, the source of the Ganges. From Gaumukh, source of the Ganges, the scenery is fascinating, with praying pilgrims and half-naked saddhus meditating along the banks of the tumultuous stream that pours out of the glacier. The trail crosses Gangotri moraines before reaching Tapovan and its gorgeous meadows, furrowed with streams and scattered with flowers. From here the panoramic view over Shivling (6540m), Meru (6660m) and the Bhaghirati massifs (above 6500m) is stunning. It is not surprising that saddhus chose this area to meditate in summer time.
Explore the area and trek to Bhojwasa. Dinner and overnight at camp.
Day 5 Bhojwasa – Gangotri
- Trek down Bhojbasa to Gangotri , hot lunch in the route, night stay at hotel on the bank of holy river Ganga. Enjoy the exploration of beautiful valley and some old villages evening.
Day 6 Gangotri – Risikesh
- Early morning after Breakfast drive to Rishikesh (packed lunch to be had en-route) stay at hotel or camp
Day 7 Rishikesh
- After breakfast drive for onwards journey. Tour end
© 2019: Himalayan Adventure 360