Amidst the dramatic mountainscapes of the majestic Kedarnath range stands one of the twelve Jyotirlingas of Kedar or Lord Shiva. Lying at an altitude of 3584 m on the head of river Mandakini, the shrine of Kedarnath is amongst the holiest pilgrimages for the Hindus. There are more than 200 shrines dedicated to Lord Shiva in the district itself, the most important one is Kedarnath.
According to legend, the Pandavas after having won over the Kauravas in the Kurukshetra war, felt guilty of having killed their own brothers and sought the blessings of Lord Shiva for redemption. He eluded them repeatedly and while fleeing took refuge at Kedarnath in the form of a bull. On being followed he dived into the ground, leaving his hump on the surface. The remaining portions of Lord Shiva appeared at four other places and are worshipped there as his manifestations. The arms appeared at Tungnath, the face at Rudranath, the belly at Madhmaheshwar and his locks (hair) with head at Kalpeshwar. Kedarnath and the four above mentioned shrines are treated as Panch Kedar.
Kedarnath Tour Package (04 Nights & 05 Days)
Day 01: Delhi – Rishikesh ( 210 Kms, 05-06 Hrs Drive)
- Arrive Delhi and transfer to Rishikesh by Road,lunch enroute . On arrival in Rishikesh, Check in Hotel to relax. Evening free or visit for Ganga aarti. Dinner and overnight at Hotel.
Day 02 : Rishikesh – Rudraprayag , (165 kms/ 6hrs)
- Morning visit Rishikesh Local Sight Seeing, later drive to Rudraprayg enroute visit Deoprayag. On Arr. Rudraprayag, Check in Hotel. Overnight stay.
Day 03: Rudrprayag – Gaurikund – Kedarnath
- Morning drive to Gaurikund, Trek start from Gaurikund to Kedarnath (3584 mts) on foot or on by pony / Doli. Tour members should carry personal medicines, heavy woolen, tolietteries and clothes for an overnight halt at Kedarnath. Check in Hotel. Later visit Kedarnath Temple. Over night stay at Kedarnath.
Day 04 : Kedarnath – Rudraprayag
- Early morning, pilgrims after Darshan of Kedarnath Temple. Return back to Gaurikund & Drive straight to Rudrprayag. Check in Hotel. Overnight stay at Kedarnath.
Day 05 : Rudraprayag – Rishikesh(160 kms/ 5hrs)
- Drive to Rishikesh, Local Sight Seeing (Ram Jhulla, Laxman Jhulla, Triveni Ghat, Parmarth Niketan, Shivananda Ashram & Gita Kutir). overnight stay at Rishikesh.
Day 6: Rishikesh – Delhi (230kms/6hr)
- Morning visit Rishikesh Local Sight Seeing. Afternoon drive to Delhi Drop at Railway Station/Airport.
© 2021: Himalayan Adventure 360