Dayara Bugyal Trek
Dayara Bugyal, a high-altitude meadow near Uttarkashi, is considered one of the most beautiful alpine meadows in India. Situated at an elevation of 10,000 ft. above sea level, this vast meadow spread over an area of 28 sq km provides one of the best Indian ski slopes in the winter months. The splendour of the high mighty Himalayan peaks like the Bhagirathi, Bandarpoonch, Draupadi ka Danda, Black Peak and others cradling Dayara is a truly breathtaking sight. Camping near Bharnala Tal, a small natural lake en route Dayara, is the highlight of the trek. Suitable for all almost age groups, this is considered as an easy trek.
Dayara Bugyal Trek (5 Nights / 6 Days)
Day 1 Rishikesh
- Arrival at Rishikesh Stay at hotel or camp near the Ganga on the way to Rishikesh, visit to the Ashram on the bank of river Ganga, evening to Triveni ghat for Ganga Arti.
Day 02 : Rishikesh – Barsu (225 kms/7-8 hrs)
- Post breakfast drive to Sangamchatti via Uttarkashi. Follow the course of the river Ganga, and thereafter the course of the river Bhagirathi – along their meandering courses, steadily gaining altitude The drive is nothing short of spectacular as the route follows the picturesque Garhwal Mountains. Arrive at the picture perfect hamlet overlooking the vast Bharirathi valley and the close up view of the snow clad Himalayan peaks after a torturous route of uncountable hair pin bends. Overnight stay guest house/tent.
Day 03 : Barsu – Barnala Bugyal (6 kms/3-4 hrs)
- Trek to Barnala Bugyal after breakfast after an arduous climb through dense forest of Oak and Rhododendron. Occasional clearings in these virgin forests present beautiful glades, abundant in a wide variety of wild flowers. Mountains such as Draupadi Ka Daanda are constantly visible from these clearings. The “Chhanis” -summer shelters for cattle grazers are usually located in such areas – (The word “Alms” in southern Germany is used for similar places) , and it is not uncommon to have a small pond nearby – used by the cattle and wildlife alike, as a water hole!. This is the first day of our trek. Overnight stay in tent.
Day 04 : Barnala Bugyal – Dayara Bugyal (6 kms/2.5 hrs)
- The trek goes on a well-laid out trail through the Pine forests and ascends above the tree line onto the alpine meadows of Dayara Bugyal. The air is so rare at this altitude, that tree life is almost non existant here, and one might see modified varieties of Pine and Juniper adapted to survive at this height! The spring thaw melts the snow giving rise to a soft carpet of wild grass dotted by hundreds of varieties of wild flowers blooming in the bright sunshine. Cattle bells and shrieks of Ravens are the only sounds apart from the gentle humming sounds of the wind are the only companions for the awed visitor. Overnight stay in tent.
Day 05 : Dayara Bugyal – Barsu – Uttarkashi
- Post breakfast trek down to Barsu village through a step descending path to arrive at this peaceful hamlet!. Drive to Uttarkashi for overnight stay.Uttarkashi is an ancient town of learning and religion, and has innumerous interesting temples and Ashrams, and is located in a wide river valley along the river Bhagirathi.Overnight in hotel.
Day 06 : Uttarkashi – Rishikesh(190 kms Drive)
- Drive to Rishikesh Overneight stay at hotel or drive for onward destination.
© 2018: Himalayan Adventure 360